Amazon Fire TV has swiftly become one of the most sought after streaming devices. This is partly due to the rise of streaming channels such as Netflix which is now available in different regions around the world. Keep in mind that the American Netflix version includes the most comprehensive library of movies and TV shows. So what can you do to change your Netflix region and watch US Netflix instead of Canadian Netflix on your Amazon Fire TV? Both VPN and Smart DNS allow you to do just that. We’ll take a look at both solutions in this guiding how to.
Unblock and Watch American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in Canada using VPN or Smart DNS proxies
Watch American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in Canada using Smart DNS proxies
Smart DNS proxies re-channel the chunks of your traffic that reveal your geographic location. Netflix and other geoblocked channels will be tricked into thinking you are currently in USA whereas you’re still in Canada. Hence, you’ll be granted access to US Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Instant Video, and the likes. We’ve listed other Smart DNS benefits for you.
- Smart DNS proxies work on Amazon Fire TV i.e. you can directly set up your device with Smart DNS proxies without the need for additional software or hardware.
- Smart DNS proxies do preserve your Internet speed. You won’t experience any slow downs.
- Smart DNS proxies enable you to stream Internet channels from various countries simultaneously. Watch BBC iPlayer, CanalPlay, and US Netflix at the same time.
- Since Smart DNS proxies all redirect specific parts of your connection, you get to keep your local IP address.
Smart DNS will probably not work in countries where ISP applies DNS hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
If you want to give Smart DNS a try, sign up for a free 7-day trial at Unlocator who offer no less than 120 unblocked channels. Check out their videos and screenshot instruction for setup.
Unblock US Netflix on Amazon Fire TV in Canada using VPN
A virtual private network, a.k.a. VPN, enables you to redirect all your traffic through the USA or any other country you choose. Hence, you’ll appear to be virtually located in USA instead of Canada. VPN has further advantags in addition to changing your Netflix region.
- VPN provides you with maximum internet security through complete data encryption.
- VPN changes and spoofs your IP address concealing your online identity in the process.
- VPN works even if your ISP uses Transparent Proxies or DNS hijacking.
- Once you choose a US VPN server, all American channels become accessible including US Netflix, Amazon Instant Fire, and WWE Network.
Streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV don’t have a VPN client installed on them. That’s why you’ll need to set up VPN on a VPN ready router instead. Once that is done, Amazon Fire TV will have access to a VPN connection via the router.
Personally, I’ve been using ExpressVPN for a while now and their service is both secure and fast. They do have globally distributed servers and support which comes in handy.
Top American Channels Available on Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Hulu Plus
- Showtime Anytime
- NBA Game Time
I truly hope that this article has given you a better idea about both Smart DNS and VPN. In case you need further clarifications about either one of the two, please notify us through the comment section. I will gladly help you out.