People who stream Netflix on iPhone in USA get access to a vast library of movies and TV shows. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the Canadian Netflix library which is inferior to the US Netflix version. Luckily, there are two ways to bypass geographic restrictions and watch US Netflix in Canada. In this guide, you’ll find info and instructions about VPN and Smart DNS proxies. Both methods allow you to unblock geoblocked content such as American Netflix on iPhone.
How to unblock and watch American Netflix on iPhone in Canada using VPN or Smart DNS proxies
Unblock American Netflix on iPhone in Canada using Smart DNS proxies
Smart DNS proxies redirect the parts of your connection that reveal your geolocation. That way, Netflix will be tricked into thinking you’re accessing its services from USA. As a result you get to stream all movies and TV shows available in the American Netflix library instead of the Canadian version. If you already own a Netflix account and have installed the Netflix app on your iPhone, there’s no need to repeat these steps. Smart DNS proxies’ other benefits are listed below.
- Smart DNS proxies do not change your local IP address. Therefore, you can still access any local website, service, or app you wish.
- Smart DNS proxies work on nearly all devices including iPhone, iPad, and Smart TVs.
- Your internet speed won’t be reduced if you’re using DNS codes.
- Smart DNS proxies allow you to unblock multi-regional content simultaneously. This means you can watch US Netflix and UK’s Now TV at the same time for example.
In case your ISP deploys DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, Smart DNS proxies will not work on your iPhone.
People tend to search for free DNS codes online without realizing how unstable and dangerous these codes might be. It’s much safer to use DNS codes provides by well-known Smart DNS services such as Unlocator that offer 120 unblocked streaming services. Feel free to try their 7-days trial period. Unlocator do have videos and tutorials on how to set up DNS codes on your iPhone.
Unlock US Netflix on iPhone in Canada using VPN
VPN forms an alternative method to unblock US Netflix on your iPhone device in Canada. Unlike Smart DNS, VPN redirects your entire Internet connection through an American VPN service. Therefore, you’ll appear to be streaming Netflix from USA instead of Canada. Similarly to Smart DNS, there’s no need to purchase a new Netflix account nor re-install the Netflix app if you already have both. We’ve summed up VPN’s advantages for you.
- VPN completely changes and hides your IP address allowing you to go online anonymously.
- VPN encrypts your whole internet traffic to provide you with maximum online security.
- Once you choose an American VPN server, you can access all streaming services which are exclusively available in the States.
- VPN works on iPhone even if your IPS uses DNS hijacking or transparent proxies.
In order to avoid internet speed plummeting, you should choose a fast VPN service. One good example would be ExpressVPN which offers globally distributed VPN servers and VPN apps for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to watch US Netflix on iPhone in Canada – What else should I know?
As mentioned above, using Smart DNS proxies or VPN will unblock US Netflix in addition to other American geoblocked channels. Take a look at the list below.
- Hulu Plus
- HBO Go
- Amazon Instant Video
- American WWE Network
- Fox Now
- Disney Channel
- Showtime Anytime
- NHL Game Center
- Lifetime and many more.
In case you need further clarification about either Smart DNS or VPN, please do leave a comment below. I will try to advice.