If you try to visit NHL.TV in Canada, you’ll be redirected to Rogers. Rogers have acquired NHL rights in Canada for 12 years. They do offer a good number of games but because of blackouts you won’t be able to watch the whole NHL season. Smart DNS and VPN, both explained in this help guide, help bypass Rogers NHL.TV blackouts.
Note: If you’re already aware of how Smart DNS and VPN work, you don’t need to go through the whole tutorial. Visit Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial of Smart DNS service. ExpressVPN, on the other hand, offer VPN servers across the world. Sign up. Select a VPN server in a country with no NHL blackout restrictions. Watch any NHL game you want online. Keep in mind that Rodgers is charging 200$ for its version of Rogers NHL GameCenter. A full year NHL.TV subscription in any other country costs around 100$.
Unblock, watch, bypass, avoid NHL.TV Blackouts in Canada using VPN or Smart DNS proxies
Unblock NHL.TV with no blackouts in Canada using Smart DNS proxies
Smart DNS helps you trick the NHL.TV app and site into thinking you’re accessing it from a country where blackouts are not imposed. By setting up your streaming device with Smart DNS, you get to watch the whole NHL season online. Smart DNS allows you to bypass geographic restrictions among other features.
- Smart DNS does not change your local IP address. You can still access and benefit from local sites and services like CBC Canada when using Smart DNS.
- Smart DNS has no negative effect on your Internet speed. This is very important because slower Internet speeds can result in a bad online streaming experience.
- No extra software is needed when setting up a streaming device with Smart DNS. Therefore, all streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS. (PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Xbox, Android, Playstation, Roku, Smart TV, etc.)
- Smart DNS gives you the ability to watch multi-regional channels at the same time. Unblock US Netflix, NHL GameCenter with no blackouts, and BBC iPlayer using the same Smart DNS setup.
- Some ISPs do deploy DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies. If your ISP is one of them, Smart DNS will not benefit you.
If you’re on the hunt for a Smart DNS Proxy service, there are a couple of things you should look at. First, make sure that the Smart DNS proxy service does indeed offer NHL.TV with no blackouts. You can also check the list of unblocked channels they provide. The Smart DNS Proxy service I use, Unlocator, provides DNS codes that unlock about 214 streaming services including NHL.TV Blackout-free. Check their free 7-day trial and take take a look at the video and installation guides.
Access/Unblock NHL.TV with no blackouts in Canada using VPN
The second choice to unblock NHL.TV and avoid blackouts in Canada is VPN. VPN masks your local IP address and directs your traffic through servers located in other countries. By doing so, your streaming device will appear to be accessing NHL.TV from outside Canada. Once you find a good VPN provider, choose a VPN server in a country which does not suffer from NHL blackouts (Brazil, Mexico, Netherlands are good examples). VPN’s features can be found below.
- VPN changes and hides your IP address. You might not be able to visit some local websites when using VPN.
- If you choosing a VPN server, you get to unblock regionally geoblocked content from around the world. Watch WWE Network, NFL Game Pass with no blackouts, or UK’s Now TV.
- VPN encrypts your data. This provides you with extra protection and privacy online.
- Neither Transparent Proxies nor DNS Hijacking affects VPN.
- With the presence of VPN apps, VPN can be easily installed on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android. However, you need to set up VPN on a VPN compatible router if you wish to enable VPN on other streaming devices. (Xbox, PS3/PS4/PS Vita, Roku, Smart TV, etc.)
Some VPN providers can severely decrease your Internet speed. Others do not have servers in countries where NHL.TV blackouts do not apply. Verify that the VPN provider you choose guarantees proper Internet speeds and has VPN servers in several countries. ExpressVPN, for instance, does have servers in 66 different locations.
Unblock NHL.TV and bypass blackouts in Canada – Other Useful Stuff
NHL.TV can be streamed online on most streaming platforms.
- iPod Touch
- Apple TV
- Playstation (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
- Sony Smart TV
Using Smart DNS or VPN enables you to watch all your favorite NHL team’s games online in HD.
- Anaheim Ducks
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Boston Bruins
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Arizona Coyotes
- Colorado Avalanche
- Buffalo Sabres
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Calgary Flames
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- New Jersey Devils
- Edmonton Oilers
- Minnesota Wilds
- Florida Panthers
- New York Islanders
- Los Angeles Kings
- Nashville Predators
- Montreal Canadiens
- New York Rangers
- San José Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Fliers
- Vancouver Canucks
- Winnipeg Jets
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Washington Capitals.
You also get to watch all in and out-of-market games.
- Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015
- Stanley Cup Final
- 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
- NHL All-Star Game
Rogers NHL.TV subscription price of 200$ makes using Smart DNS or VPN a reasonable solution. Not only do you get to save money, but you also unblock and watch the full NHL.TV while bypassing all blackouts.