How can I change my Google Play Store country on Android? The Google Play Store region you can access is determined by your IP address. Thus, if you live in Canada, you get the Canadian Google Play Store. But what if you want to download an install an app from the US Google Play Store region such as Pokemon Go? In that case, use VPN to change your Google Play Store country to USA. The same method can be used to unblock Google Play Store regions of UK, France, Australia, etc.
How To Change Google Play Store Country using VPN
Change Google Play Store Country with VPN – How To
VPN basically is a virutal private network which allows you to reroute all your traffic via secure tunnels. The same process allows you to change your IP address. Depending on the location of the VPN server you are connected to, you get a new IP address. Thus, if you wish to unblock the US Google Play Store, connect to an American VPN server.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider which has US VPN servers like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Android Smartphone or tablet.
- Connect to an American VPN server. You should have a US IP address now. You can always go to www.whatismyipaddress.com to verify.
- From your Android phone, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Apps‘.
- Search for the Google Play Store app and select the following:
- ‘Force Stop’.
- ‘Clear Data’.
- ‘Clear Cache’.
- The next time you launch the Google Play Store app, you will be in the US region.
- Not only does VPN change your Google Play Store country, it also unblocks US apps like Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, ABC, HBO GO.
I’ve been using ExpressVPN to change my Google Play Store country to USA, UK, France, and Australia. Other VPN providers also unblock different Google Play Store regions.
How to Switch Google Play Store Country.
VPN has been tested on Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Motorola, HTC, LG, and Huawei Android Smartphones. If you have used VPN to change Google Play Store country on different devices, please let me know by dropping a comment below.