NFL Game Pass is a great way to watch NFL online. However, blackouts are imposed in Canada on certain games, playoffs, and even Super Bowl. You can use Smart DNS proxies or VPN to bypass and avoid NFL Game Pass blackouts. In this tutorial, you’ll find instructions about how these methods work and how they help you bypass NFL Game Pass restrictions.
Note: If you have previous experience on how Smart DNS and VPN work, you can directly jump over to Unlocator and get your Smart DNS account. If you prefer VPN services, try ExpressVPN. Sign up. Choose a VPN server in a country with no blackouts (Australia, Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, etc.). Watch the full NFL season, NFL Network, and NFL RedZone in HD.
Bypass an avoid NFL Game Pass blackouts and restrictions in Canada using Smart DNS proxies or VPN
Bypass NFL Game Pass blackouts using Smart DNS Proxy
Smart DNS is a new and effective method to unblock regionally restricted websites and services. Smart DNS proxies trick the restricted site into believing your accessing it using a different IP address in a different location. All this happens without actually re-routing your whole connection. Take a look at Smart DNS pros and cons.
- Speed: No data encryption and only partial data rerouting means no Internet speed slow down. Take full advantage of your bandwidth.
- Cost: Smart DNS services cost less than VPN in general.
- Device Support: Almost all streaming devices are supported. There’s no need for additional software download. This comes in handy for devices which don’t support VPN (Smart TV, Xbox, PS3/PS4, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, etc.).
- Multi-regional Channel Access: Unblock and watch online video services from different regions at the same time. Stream CBC Canada, CanalPlay France, and US Netflix simultaneously. No additional Smart DNS configuration needed.
Smart DNS has a one disadvantage. It become mostly useless when an ISP uses DNS hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
If you’re on the look for a Smart DNS service, check that its unblocked channels do include NFL Game Pass. The Smart DNS service I use, Unlocator, allows me to watch NFL Game Pass with no blackouts whatsoever. Unlocator do have list of around 120 unblocked streaming sites, videos and setup guides, and a 7-day trial period.
Avoid NFL Game Pass Blackouts using VPN
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is another method to access geoblocked content from regions around the world. When connected to a VPN server, all your Internet connection gets routed through that server which is located in a different country. This gives you access to all content that is exclusively available in that country. VPN also has its pros and cons.
- Privacy and Security: VPN does encrypt your traffic, changes your IP address, and prevents websites from seeing your IP address.
- Unblocking: When you connect to a US-based VPN server for example, all US-only content becomes available. Access US Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu Plus.
- Effectiveness: VPN will continue to unblock online channels for you even if your ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
- Easy to Set up: Windows/Mac PCs, iPhone, iPad, and Android all support VPN. Setting up VPN on these device is pretty simple. However, you have to set up VPN on a VPN-ready router if you want to stream geoblocked content on devices with no VPN client.
VPN’s major drawback is an Internet speed decrease by about 10%. While most VPN providers do promise extra privacy and security, some do keep logs of your online activity. I am using ExpressVPN right now. I like the fact they offer servers in over 47 countries and zero browsing activity logging.
Bypass/Avoid NFL Game Pass Blackouts/Restrictions – Extra Info
The National Football League can be streamed on a number of devices.
- Windows PC
- Windows Phone/Surface.
Using Smart DNS or VPN allows you to watch the full NFL season including playoffs and the Super Bowl. Great news for all NFL fanatics. Enjoy uninterrupted action of all NFL teams.
- Arizona Cardinals
- Atlanta Falcons
- Baltimore Ravens
- Carolina Panthers
- Chicago Bears.
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions.
- Green Bay Packers
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Miami Dolphins.
- Minnesota Vikings
- New England Patriots
- New York Giants
- New Orleans Saints
- Oakland Raiders
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Fransisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- St. Louis Rams.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tennessee Titans
- Washington Redskins.
If you live in Canada and want to watch the full NFL season from the comfort of your home, then Smart DNS and VPN are the answer. Each method has its pros and cons. Please post a comment if you feel you need more help regarding either solution.