Hulu Plus is not available in Canada. How can I watch Hulu Canada you might ask. Well, there are two methods that allow you to bypass regional restrictions. Smart DNS and VPN. In this help guide, I will provide you with info and instructions about how each method works.
Important: If you have set up Smart DNS or VPN before, you can skip reading. Simply go over to Unlocator and sign up for their free trial. You could also try ExpressVPN if you’re more familiar with VPN servers. Once you sign up, select an American server. That’s all it takes to gain access to Hulu Canada and other US-only Internet streaming services.
If you do not own a Hulu account yet, you can buy Hulu virtual gift cards via Walmart.com with a Canadian paypal account.
Unblock and watch Hulu Plus in Canada using Smart DNS or VPN
Hulu Canada – Watch using VPN
VPN, an acronym for “Virtual Private Network”, is an effective method to unblock geoblocked channels, sites, and services. When you connect your device to a VPN server, it’ll appear to be accessing the Internet from wherever the VPN server is located. You get to change your IP address and obtain an IP address from USA. Once the VPN connection is established, you’ll be able to access restricted content from around the world. VPN has several features.
- Privacy Protection: VPN encrypts all of your traffic. Thereby, you private info and passwords will profit from additional security while you surf the web. VPN also allows you to go online anonymously. This means no one can track your online activity.
- Unblocked Content: When you select an American VPN server, you’ll not just gain access to Hulu, but also all other US-only streaming services. (Netflix, Crackle, WWE Network, UFC..)
- Immunity against ISP Policies: You don’t need to worry about DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. VPN is completely unaffected by neither.
- Installation: VPN can swiftly unblock Hulu on your iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, or Mac. All these devices have VPN clients. VPN providers also offer VPN apps for all of them.
If PS3/PS4, Xbox, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, or Smart TV are your favorite streaming platforms, you have to install VPN on a router that is VPN compatible. Not straight forward but still effective.
Poor VPN services can severely slow down your Internet speed. This can result in constant buffering. Verify that which ever VPN provider you choose guarantees fast speeds and a 30-day money back. I did try ExpressVPN for 30 days before finally deciding that their service was worth my money.
The following VPNs are the best when it comes to unblocking Hulu Canada.
Hulu Canada – Unblock using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS grants you access to regionally restricted content by intercepting specific data or information sent from your device to geoblocked websites and services such as Hulu. More users are choosing Smart DNS because of its ability to work on a huge range of streaming devices. Take a look at Smart DNS pros.
- Zero Speed Loss: Watch your favorite shows on Hulu in Canada while taking full advantage of your Internet speed.
- No Additional Software: Setting up your device with Smart DNS does not require additional software. This means Smart DNS works on all your streaming devices. (PC, Mac, iPad, Android, Xbox, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, etc.)
- Multi-regional Content: My favorite Smart DNS feature. If you like to watch content from different regions without having to re-configure any settings everytime, then Smart DNS is just what you need. Watch Hulu Plus, Canadian Netflix, and BBC iPlayer using the same Smart DNS configuration.
- Value for Money: Smart DNS services are cheaper than VPN.
Smart DNS does have one main con though. It won’t be to efficient on your streaming devices in case your ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
When searching for a Smart DNS service, make sure to check both the list of unblocked channels and videos/tutorials the Smart DNS service you choose can offer. Unlocator, for example, do provide their subscribers with DNS codes which unblock up to 120 streaming channels. They also have videos, tutorials, and screenshots to help novice users with the set up.
Hulu Canada – Unblock and Access American Channels
Using Smart DNS or VPN does change the way you watch Internet TV. There’s no limit to the streaming sites that become available.
- US Netflix
- Amazon Instant Video
- NFL Game Pass (No Blackouts)
- NHL Game Center (No Blackouts)
- WWE Network
- HBO GO
- CBS All Access
- Fox Soccer 2go
- Beats Music
- Hulu Plus
You can watch Hulu Canda on nearly all your streaming devices.
- Playstation 3/4
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Kindle Fire
- Smart TV
- Nintendo 3ds
- Blu-ray Players
- WD TV/Netgear/Funai/RCA
While cable is slowly dying, video-on-demand services are constantly on the rise. Smart DNS and VPN allow you to watch geoblocked content from all over the world. Don’t hesitate to leave comment about any issues you’re facing.