Netflix has become an essential streaming app on iPads in Canada. While Netflix is continuously expanding to new regions, the US Netflix version is still regarded the best there is. The good news is that VPN or Smart DNS proxies allow you to access the large American Netflix library using your Canadian Netflix account. In this article, I will do a head to head analysis of Smart DNS proxies and VPN services. I will also show you how exactly these methods allow you to change your Netflix region.
How to unblock and watch American Netflix on iPad in Canada using VPN or Smart DNS proxies
Unblock US Netflix on iPad in Canada using Smart DNS proxies
The first method that unblocks American Netflix in Canada is Smart DNS. Smart DNS proxies will reroute the bits of your traffic that are related to your geolocation. Consequently, you will be able to unblock streaming services from around the world including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle, and many more. Take a look at other benefits Smart DNS proxies offer.
- There will be no Internet speed decrease if you use DNS codes to unlock geoblocked content. This means your streaming capabilities won’t be affected.
- Access to local websites will not be affected “CBC, Global TV, CTV” since Smart DNS proxies don’t alter your local IP address.
- Smart DNS proxies make it possible to access geoblocked streaming services from different regions simultaneously. As a result, you could watch American Netflix and BBC iPlayer at the same time.
- Smart DNS is extremely flexible in that it works on nearly any streaming device including iPad, iPhone, Mac, Android, and PC.
Smart DNS proxies, however, won’t work on your iPad if the ISP you’re contracted to deploys Transparent proxies or DNS hijacking. If not mistaken this applies to Xplornet in Canada.
I have personally been using Unlocator, since their beta days. The have come a long way since. Unlocator provides DNS codes that unblock 120 streaming sites. You can also check out their videos and tutorials on how to set up DNS codes on iPad. Unlocator also have a free 7 day trial period you can take advantage of.
Watch American Netflix on iPad in Canada using VPN
VPN is an another way that also allows you to unblock US Netflix in Canada. VPN re-routes all your Internet connection via a remote VPN server in a country of your choice. Given that you pick and American VPN server, you will be granted access to all American streaming services including Netflix. VPN has other benefits as well.
- VPN carries out a complete traffic encryption. This means your online data will be protected from hackers and online sniffers.
- VPN allows you to spoof your IP address. This makes hiding your online ID possible.
- VPN is completely unaffected by DNS hijacking and transparent proxies.
- Setting up VPN can be considered fairly ease. Choose a VPN service, create an account, follow some instructions and you’re done. For Ipad you can also use ready apps.
Given that you choose a proper VPN service with , you’ll should be provided with VPN apps for iPad, iPhone, and Mac. These apps make setting up VPN easy even if you’re not familiar with the technical stuff of the internet. If you are on the lookout ExpressVPN does provide those apps.
How to watch US Netflix on iPad in Canada – Additional Info.
As you’ve found out above, unblocking US Netflix is only one aspect you can benefit from when using Smart DNS proxies or VPN. These same methods make it possible to stream other channels exclusively available in USA.
- Amazon Instant Video
- HBO Go
- WWE Network
- Hulu Plus.
- NHL Game Center
- History Channel.
- WWE Network
- Vudu and others.
Hopefully, we’ve provided you with enough information to help you choose either Smart DNS or VPN to unblock Netflix and other American content from Canada. Please do use the comment box below to share your thoughts or questions with us.